Introducing the World’s First Progressive Rake Race, exclusively at DSI Poker
If you’re hungry for more cash in your pocket—just for playing—you’re going to love The Beast. Tame the Beast, taste victory, because EVERYONE has a chance to get rewarded with hundreds of thousands in cash PLUS free tournament entries—every month.
One Beast, One Huge Jackpot
The Beast is revolutionary, completely changing how jackpots are awarded at DSI Poker. Instead of throwing the jackpot fee into one giant pot that rarely gets popped, The Beast creates one NEW jackpot that pops EVERY MONTH. That means more winners, more often. Here’s how it works:
1) When you play at a Jackpot table, where 4 players are dealt into a pot and a jackpot fee is taken
2) You will earn points for every hand where you have contributed to the pot
3) Track your play within the Leaderboard in the poker client by clicking on the Rewards tab
4) You can win hundreds of thousands in cold hard cash and tournament entries
That’s it. And with tons of tables feeding The Beast, the jackpot grows every minute of every day. We’re talking six figure jackpots—every month.
DSI Poker uses the contributed method of earning to calculate your points. This means that anyone who contributes to the pot will receive equal share of the points awarded for the hand, regardless of how much they contributed.
In order to earn points, every time you contribute to a raked pot at a Jackpot table, you’ll automatically receive points toward The Beast. The number of points handed out for each hand depends on the table stakes you’re playing:
|$0.10/$0.25 ||6 ||0% |
|$0.25/$0.50 ||6.3 ||5% |
|$0.50/$1 ||6.48 ||8% |
|$1/$2 ||6.9 ||15% |
|$2/$4 ||7.02 ||17% |
|$3/$6 ||7.08 ||18% |
|$5/$10 + ||7.2 ||20% |
A special Leaderboard Point multiplier is set for each stake the more you play - the more you win!
The points are awarded to the table and are divided evenly among every player who contributed to the pot. For example, let’s look at a 9-handed, $0.10/$0.25 ring game table, where everyone folds except for four players (A—small blind, B—big blind, C and D). Regardless of how the hand plays out, all four players who contributed to the rake will earn points. Since this is a $0.10/$0.25 table, a total of 6 points are awarded. We’ll then divide the 6 points by the 4 players. This means that each player gets 1.5 points towards the leaderboard.
Every Hold’em table marked "JP" in brackets or Omaha table marked "Beast" in brackets that has a minimum of 4 players dealt into the pot; a Jackpot Fee will be taken from the pot and fed to The Beast and/or the BadBeat.
On Stakes $1.00/$2.00 and lower the Jackpot Fee is $0.25; $0.17 to feed The Beast, $0.13 is then contributed towards the Cash Race and $0.04 is contributed to the Tournament Race. The additional $0.08 are taken to feed the Bad Beat Jackpot (no BBJ fee is collected in Omaha tables).
On Stakes $2.00/$4.00 and higher the Jackpot Fee is $0.50; $0.17 to feed The Beast, $0.13 is then contributed towards the Cash Race and $0.04 is contributed to the Tournament Race. The additional $0.33 are taken to feed the Bad Beat Jackpot (no BBJ fee is collected in Omaha tables).
All Omaha tables have been added to the mix of cash jackpot tables that are eligible for The Beast, so you can now cash in on huge monthly cash and tournament prizes.
Having Hold’em and Omaha players participating in The Beast, the monthly payouts will likely grow by leaps and bounds, and more tournament seats will be given out for our monthly Beast tournament.
Please note that while Omaha tables qualify for The Beast, they do not qualify for the Bad Beat Jackpot, as a result, no Bad Beat Jackpot fee will be collected.
The Monthly Cash Race:
The points you earn get tallied as you play and earn you a spot on The Beast. The more points you collect, the higher you’ll climb up our leaderboard. At the end of the month, we reward dozens of poker players just like you with—potentially—hundreds of thousands of dollars on their rank.
The payout structure for the cash race is calculated based on the size of the prize pool, when the prize pool grows so do the number of places that are paid.
Example: If the prize pool is $50,000.00 there will be 200 places paid, when the prize pool grows to $90,000.00 the number of places paid will also grow to 360 places paid.
The top 20 places are calculated from first place paying out 13% of the total prize pool or $30,000 whichever is lower. The remaining places are paid out based on a sliding scale algorithm and ever dollar added to the prize pool is spread through every place that is paid.
So not only does the number of players winning money get larger as the pool grows the amount that everyone earns grows’ as well.
EXAMPLE: The amount paid out for 1st place based on the amount of the prize pool.
|Prize Pool ||1st Place Pays |
|$50,000.00 ||$4,875.00 |
|$60,000.00 ||$5,850.00 |
|$70,000.00 ||$6,825.00 |
|$80,000.00 ||$7,800.00 |
|$90,000.00 ||$8,775.00 |
|$100,000.00 ||$9,750.00 |
|$110,000.00 ||$10,725.00 |
|$120,000.00 ||$11,700.00 |
|$130,000.00 ||$12,675.00 |
The Monthly Tournament Race
The Beast is all about rewarding more killer poker players with more stuff. While you love to grind online, we also know you love insane land-based tourneys, too. That’s why The Beast leaderboard also includes a separate component that awards seats in satellite tournaments for major land-based, like the Punta Cana Poker Classic and the Latin Series Of Poker, or for big Guaranteed Tournaments. As the prize pool gets bigger, we will be able to hand out more and more seats to more and more players at the end of the month. It’s that simple.
Players receive one tournament entry based on the amount in the prize pool and their placing in the overall leaderboard during the qualifying period. They will be then automatically registered in the specified Satellite tournament. Check the Rewards tab , for complete details.
Checking Your Progress
You can view your monthly progress rankings through the DSI Poker software. From the poker client, click on Leaderboard in the lobby. There you can see your current place on the leaderboard, the amount of points you’ve earned and if you are winning a tournament entry. You’ll also get all the details about the tournament such as tournament start date and guaranteed prize pool.
The rankings are updated frequently, so be sure to check back often.
Remember, the more you play the more you win because the more people play, the higher the jackpot grows!
Participating in The Beast
Once you play at one of The Beast qualifying tables, you’ll automatically be ranked on our leaderboard. To find one, just look for tables marked with "JP" in brackets (Hold’em tables) or "Beast" in brackets (Omaha tables).
To learn more about The Beast check out our FAQ section .
Terms and Conditions
- The qualifying period for The Beast competition runs from the first day of each calendar month at 00:00 ET to the last day of the same calendar month at 23:59 ET.
- Every player who ranks on The Beast leaderboard automatically competes for BOTH the cash prize and the tournament prize
- Only Hold’em marked with "JP" in brackets and Omaha tables marked with "Beast" in brackets qualify for The Beast.
- Jackpot contributions are only made when a minimum of 4 players are dealt into a pot.
- All jackpot contributions have a 10% fee.
- Players are responsible to play in the assigned online tournament won through the Monthly Tournament Race competition. Players that don’t play the tournament will be deemed to be “no shows” and will forfeit their tournament entry prize.
- 25% of the overall jackpot will be taken to the reseed of the next month’s jackpot
- Tournament entries won in The Beast are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash and hold no cash value
- The Beast Points are updated in real time.
- No points will be awarded for participation in tournaments or Sit n Go’s.
- All money won by DSI Poker players participating in The Beast will be credited into their account within the first 5 business days of the following month.
- Cheating or team-play is strictly prohibited
- Any player that cashes in the Beast, and/or is deemed to potentially be involved in cheating/team-play must be able to prove that they are only a single player. The burden of proof to prove that they won the Beast in a fair manner, will fall solely upon the player. Players must participate in a Beast Live (either live or private, but viewable by the House) in the following month AND must be able to replicate the same conditions, on their own, in which they achieved their status in the previous month. Until a player proves themselves beyond a reasonable doubt, that they are not cheating, players will not receive their winnings from the previous month
- If a player is found to be cheating/involved in team-play, they will be dealt with in the strictest manner possible, including forfeiture of their Beast Winnings and compensation to other players within the Beast
- DSI Poker reserves the right to change the general rules and conditions for this promotion at any time with or without notice.
- General rules and conditions apply.
- All management decisions are final.